Monday, April 28, 2008

The Oasis in the heart of Bangkok




I am in love with this cozy tea shop which nestles on the fourth floor of Siam Discovery (the building is most adjacent to MBK and the upcoming Bangkok Arts Museum).

Although I am quite a new face who has gradually changed my drinking habit from infused tea to the real tea leaves. The shop's owner, Khun Bee is a darling and friendly person. Amazingly to learn that, she is the third generation of Ong's Family in Thailand. Her great grandfather was one of the greatest tea gurus from China. She kept smiling even though I assume that she's tired with my endless queries.

At Ong's Tea, they do not serve only tea water. But you can also find a contemporary likes - the mouth-watering soft tofu in variety of flavors top with carrageen jellies and a succulent green tea ice cream (its cup is about Haagen Daz's scoop size) which costs only 40 Baht. I often end up taking more than 2 cups each time.



If you haven't been here yet. You should be here once. Give yourself a break to breath a fresher air or relax yourself at the oasis tea shop. I am certain that you would soon fall in love with the shop and the owners.

Get off at the BTS Siam Interchange and head to Siam Center on the fourth floor. Ong's Tea rests next to Fai Sor Kam shop.



No comments: